Dark Hangar

Che

Старожил
OK, guys, just to keep you busy:D and in order to boost up your activity I would like to present you an English version of a very popular sub-forum - "Dark Hangar".
"Dark Hangar" gives wonderful opportunities to those members of our website, who have a keen interest in aviation history. Here you will be able to evaluate your knowledge (or to impart similar news/stories to others) in aviation history, legends, mysterious stories, odd aircraft etc.
Usually we use it to test each other on different matters connected to the topics mentioned above...

Russian analogue is here: http://aviaforum.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=16

So here goes the first one:

Check it out, and name the craft:

Последнее редактирование:
Реклама
Hoooaaa! And the first prize (at list have of it) goes to Germany, Micro, - my congratulations:pivo: ! And Nimdar gets the rest for being more specific;) !
And here you can find some additional info about this beautiful bird:

PS Aaaa! Damn me - I've finally understood, why you were so quick, guys, I was stupid enough to leаve Russian flag on the tail of the craft - should have removed it in photoshop prior to displaying:confused2: :D :D

Well, guys, lets get back to our "top rating" topic - WWII. So, here goes cockpit, part of the wing & landing gear of a WWII mmm... lets call it bomber (in order to avoid discussions whether some aircraft of WWII should be called bombers or attack aircraft ;) )

So, check it out & name the bird!:

Oh, I've almost forgot - in case you have no clues to the answer (or on the contrary - you are almost sure but still hesitate), you may ask leading questions!

Black Cat,

Yep! That's a Japanese shipborne torpedo-bomber.

vm,

Nope! That one was designed to replace Yokosuka D4Y... But you are very close now!;) One more step and...8-)

Che, well, counting hint about replacement, my only guess is Aichi B7A, which was designed for new, bigger aircarriers and suppose to replace D4Y and Nakajima В6N.

Реклама
Well, my dear, friends, why not to train our brains once again?! Today I’ve got smth. very special for ya! Check it out, and try to figure out what is it, and what does it have to do with aviation? So "peerozhock" is cooking, who’ll have first bite?8-)

Ha-ha! I type my questions in word & it automatically corrects wrong spelling - sometimes its variants are simply smutty:mad: :lol: Well I'll have to give up that practice, cause my mistakes are less harmless and for sure won't be taken as sexual harassment:lol: :lol: :lol:

тип, thanks for noticing my obstruction!:pivo:

Black Cat сказал(а):
Khe...khe...AFAIK some silver-made can-cup to decorate brave flieger

Yep!

Nope!

over bloody battle-fields of WWI...

Nope! But your answer is very close, cause it was established on the basis of similar decoration of WWI - so, peerozhock is yours!:pivo:

That is "Ehrenpokal fur leistung im Luftwaffe" - quite an honorable decoration established by Herman Gering, it was granted to pilots for outstanding achievements in air war. In decorations status it stood between Iron cross of first class & knight cross.

Назад