Making video film of AN-24, TU-134, IL-18...

dacchan

IL-18
Dear fellow enthusiasts in Russia,

I hope somebody can help me.
I love Russian and Soviet planes and am trying to find a possibility to make some flights on AN-24, TU-134, TU-154B, IL-18 (!!!), IL-62 (!!) and film onboard the flights with my video camera.
I do not want to make any illegal thing, I do not want to violate any security regulation. In the past I never recieved any reply if I wrote officially for assistance.
As I have a very large camera it is very difficult to hide anyway, so I can only realize this project, if I recieve warm understanding and cooperation from flight and ground crew.
I just need a good window seat in cabin close to the engines and film, film, film the flight, the beautiful engine sound, take-off, landing, some ground footage...

Can anybody help me to establish some contact to any cooperative crew members with same interest as I ?
I will never publish any photo or video film on internet nor in the public without any prior permission. I will not show or name crew members in the public !
This is a pure private hobby of mine.

Tupolevs, Ilyushins, Antonov, Yakovlev planes are getting rarer and rarer nowadays in the skies, they are hardly to be seen in Western Europe. It is so important to keep these planes and Soviet engineers tradition alive in memory. Russian and Soviet engineers have set such a great Aviation History and tradition !!!

Can anybody help me to get onboard, get the - right - window seat and make many films of these beautiful planes ?

I would be sooooooooo grateful !!!!!!!!!
Can you please contact me under

[email protected]

Please...
Best regards from Mainz / Germany
Daniel

PS. Besides ... does anyone know if there is still an active flying IL-14 and IL-18 in Russia where I could get onboard ? Like an AEROCLUB or something like that ?

Реклама
Hey, Daniel!
About IL18. You can find it flying in the Gulf area. I've seen some of them in Sharja OMSJ. It was around 3 years ago.
I'm sure that some IL14 are still in operation in the Russian North territories.
All the rest types you asked about are in operation thruout the Russia. However, for filming you can use small camera like HandyCam. Most probably using onboard high resolution big camera will be prohibited. Sush activity will be considered as a spying :) I hope not, but...

310 сказал(а):
Hey, Daniel!
About IL18. You can find it flying in the Gulf area. I've seen some of them in Sharja OMSJ. It was around 3 years ago.
I'm sure that some IL14 are still in operation in the Russian North territories.
All the rest types you asked about are in operation thruout the Russia. However, for filming you can use small camera like HandyCam. Most probably using onboard high resolution big camera will be prohibited. Sush activity will be considered as a spying :) I hope not, but...

Thanks a lot for your honest words.
I was aware of that, that people in Russia especially in the airline business are very suspicious of foreigners !
However, what about the smaller private airlines ? With a more family like atmosphere ?
Cant anything be worked out with some crews, who share same interest ?
Or would it be possible to charter an IL-14 ? Or AN-24 for a load of Western enthusiasts ?

dacchan сказал(а):
Or would it be possible to charter an IL-14 ? Or AN-24 for a load of Western enthusiasts ?
That's a more realistic idea. Many Yak-40s and some Tu-134s work exclusively as chartered jets. And you can find an An-24 ready for a charter, I guess. Don't have any idea of where to find an Il-14, it is hard to find. Tu-154 or Il-62 can be real expensive, but a lot is still flying.

If i don't mistake, there is at least one IL-18 in Chkalovskiy, under Moscow. I saw it in flight 9 May. Maybe it will help you in your work ;)

Filming Russian planes

Захарий сказал(а):
If i don't mistake, there is at least one IL-18 in Chkalovskiy, under Moscow. I saw it in flight 9 May. Maybe it will help you in your work ;)

Hi folks,

Thank you very much !!
I would love to charter this IL-18 plane and possibly AN-24, TU-134 and YAK-40 (?) and come with a group of enthusiasts to Russia !

All I need is a contact person with some English knowledge, address, charter prices.

Can anybody help ?

Best regards
Daniel

dacchan photo gallery

I posted yesterday a bunch of photos from my old files from the 80s and 90a, when Interflug (East Germany) still was flying. As well also a bunch of photos from the old CSA Czechoslovak Airlines.
Here you can see how serious I am to establish this filming project !!

I would be happy if you would visit the

dacchan gallery

Photos of IL-18

Aleck сказал(а):
dacchan,Vielen Dank fuer diese Fotografien, besonders fuer Ил-18 :)

Aleck, GERNE GERNE !!
IL-18 is my favourite !!

Please... can anybody help with my film project ?
Contacts to IL-18 and IL-14 owner ?
IL-62 owner ? AN-24 owner ?
AEROCLUBS ? Charter airlines ?
There are many people in Germany who want to come to Russia to make such filming project and charter such a plane...

Daniel

dacchan, I'm so sorry, that I can't help you more. I don't know anybody from these plane's crew... but maybe this information about Chkalovskiy will help you in your project :) It's easier to find something if you know, where it could be ;) Good luck!!!

Реклама
Hi,

maybe you can request an IL-18 flight in Ukraine, Lviv Airlines visited DUS airport for example for an humanitarian flight in 2005 and I'm sure the plane is still in flyng conditions. Maybe they operate it out of Lviv on a regular basis, I don't know. IL-18 can also be flown (with luck) within North Korea and/or to Bejing as an additional flight (on Fridays). The usually operate IL-62 between Pyonyang and Bejing but if more capacity is required Air Koyro sends an IL18 or TU154 additionally. AN-24 flights can be done within Russia easily, for example I've flown Nizhni Novgorod - Moskow Vnukovo with UT-Air, so you can try to contact them. If you don't mind flying further away, AN-32 flights can be had in Columbia and AN-24 can be done in Cambodia for example. Good luck !

Tamon

Making film of IL-18, AN-24...

Hi Tamon,

many thanks.
I am aware, w h e r e these beauties are flying.
However I want to make video films of flights on board of IL-18 !
I have no contacts to the airlines or crews, or any airline manager who would allow me to get onboard their flight and film the flight inculding take-off and landing from passenger cabin window view.

Have you got any contacts you can introduce to me within these airlines ?
These video films are purely private, however if airline is interested I can offer to publish an article about the airline, its history and a profile within a very famous Swiss Aviation magazine.

Many thanks and best regards from Mainz, Germany
Daniel

Tamon сказал(а):
Hi,

maybe you can request an IL-18 flight in Ukraine, Lviv Airlines visited DUS airport for example for an humanitarian flight in 2005 and I'm sure the plane is still in flyng conditions. Maybe they operate it out of Lviv on a regular basis, I don't know. IL-18 can also be flown (with luck) within North Korea and/or to Bejing as an additional flight (on Fridays). The usually operate IL-62 between Pyonyang and Bejing but if more capacity is required Air Koyro sends an IL18 or TU154 additionally. AN-24 flights can be done within Russia easily, for example I've flown Nizhni Novgorod - Moskow Vnukovo with UT-Air, so you can try to contact them. If you don't mind flying further away, AN-32 flights can be had in Columbia and AN-24 can be done in Cambodia for example. Good luck !

Tamon

dacchan,

I am afraid that may be only one IL-14 is in flying condition( or close to flying condition) in Russia. This year It flew from SVO, Moscow (where it was restored to flying condition) to one of the Moscow's region airfields, probably aeroclub where it still may be stationed.

I remember name of that aeroclub was posted on this forum some time ago.

Good luck!

Кepим Aбдyл Джaбир сказал(а):
I am afraid that may be only one IL-14 is in flying condition( or close to flying condition) in Russia
If I don't mistake, this plane is not ready to fly now. It doesn't service today and just stay on the airfield.
I know it, because me and my friends begin a restore IL-12 and I collect data about this type. But we will restore it like ground museum.

dacchan,

I guess perevious writer most likely was correct...

here is the link to related pictures from possibly last flight:

http://aviaforum.ru/threads/10950&page=13

(Russian only)

it is look like aircraft flew to its permanent location to be grounded forewer like museum piece, sorry but it was look like the last flight of IL-14 in Russia.
They did it in order to save the aircraft from scrap :(

dacchan сказал(а):
Thanks a lot for your honest words.
I was aware of that, that people in Russia especially in the airline business are very suspicious of foreigners !
However, what about the smaller private airlines ? With a more family like atmosphere ?
Cant anything be worked out with some crews, who share same interest ?

Hi sir,

These guys http://www.airevents.de/ are very well known for organising and chartering some nice / crazy flights. There last flight was IL76 in Belarus. Here is the report http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/108477/

Good Luck,
Radar

Filming is no crime !!!

Hi Radar,

yes Radar, I know Air Events and I join many of their flights.
However, they can not guarantee a filming permission.
I have a rather large semiprofessional camera, which is hard to hide on board.
This trip to MSQ was a big success as I heard, on the other hand two of my friends travelling through Russia on board TU-134, TU-154B, YAK-40 were arrested twice !!!! Because they used their cameras ! My impression : If you use a camera in Russia WITHOUT permission and if you are a foreigner and are caught on board, you are treated as a criminal or a terrorist. At least you can run into serious trouble.
A taxi driver in Kazan called the police, when he saw my two friends at the airport with the camera...
So, I am looking for a permission. Because I want to stay on the legal side.
And I do not want my film or camera being confiscated !

Thanks, maybe you have an idea for me ?
Best regards
Daniel
Radar сказал(а):
Hi sir,

These guys http://www.airevents.de/ are very well known for organising and chartering some nice / crazy flights. There last flight was IL76 in Belarus. Here is the report http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/108477/

Good Luck,
Radar

dacchan сказал(а):
Hi Radar,

yes Radar, I know Air Events and I join many of their flights.
However, they can not guarantee a filming permission.
I have a rather large semiprofessional camera, which is hard to hide on board.
This trip to MSQ was a big success as I heard, on the other hand two of my friends travelling through Russia on board TU-134, TU-154B, YAK-40 were arrested twice !!!! Because they used their cameras ! My impression : If you use a camera in Russia WITHOUT permission and if you are a foreigner and are caught on board, you are treated as a criminal or a terrorist. At least you can run into serious trouble.
A taxi driver in Kazan called the police, when he saw my two friends at the airport with the camera...
So, I am looking for a permission. Because I want to stay on the legal side.
And I do not want my film or camera being confiscated !

Thanks, maybe you have an idea for me ?
Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

If I was you ( NO offence to any Russian ) but I would give extra "packages aka money" to the guy who will tell me no camera / arrest me. That always works! :D or the other way is pretend to be Russian and have a real Russian friend accompany you while you are there. They don't hussle the Russians over there :) - Permission is impossible in Russia it's not like any Euro country or any. Get a small HD camera ( 499 Euros) instead of the big camera equipment you have. Small,Hany and hideable

Good Luck,
Radar

Назад