New start up airline in Estonia?

Zege

Новичок
This can be found from speednews.com Aircraft wanted section

speednews.com сказал(а):
Posted: June 20, 2006
Commercial Aircraft Wanted: As a new Start up international airline in Estonia, we are looking for a long term lease (Dry) for the following aircrafts: 01 757-200 / 01 DC-9/MD-83. The aircraft must not be older than 12 years and must JAR OPS compliant. Please send us full specs, price and lease terms.

What I have heard that they are looking for B757, which would be based in Athens, but on Estonian AOC. Some unconfirmed information connect this company to the now defunct Finnish Söder/Soder Aviation business. They finally went out of business last winter when they tried to operate passanger flights from Helsinki to Lapland with Enimex Estonian An-72.

Реклама
I flew with a Captain who is Latvian and soon will be retiring (age 60) from our airline. He was wondering if there will be a opportunity for him to fly as an airline pilot in Latvia once he retires and possibly moves there and he doesn't know where to find any information on that.

Do you know if there is a chance for an American pilot to get hired in Latvia? Is Air Baltic the prime company there?

Thanks

Patriot,
USAF colonel was a head of Latvian CAA, so...

Последнее редактирование:
На этом сайте регулярно всплывают такие конкурсы — ни разу ничем хорошим не закончилось. Денег тем более никому не дали.Скорее всего этот человек, который заварил кашу, вообще отношения к компании не имеет :)

upd: Oops! Excuse my Russian :D I just said that it's no use of participating in a livery creation contest coz there were a lot of similar competitions at MAP website and none of them brought any success to designers - no one got even a penny.

I'm confused. Dont look at the forum's name.
тип, I understood You.

sega, it's an English-speaking forum ;)

I don't think that racing with really young yanks with no skills is a smart idea, that's why I stopped uploading my pics there - it's no use of them - people prefer watching another B777 with 100 engines and a stretched fuselage... As for their contest - anyone can register there and start a "Let's rebrand British Airways" competition. He can even offer a $1MM priae - it won't be payed anyway :D

BTW How are you think - is it possible - B737-200Adv in a new start-up european aircompany?

Реклама
This JPair will be intresting to follow. I don't know what to think about this B737-200Adv move. I'm not sure if this is real, but then again, everthing looks to go pretty much same as it has been past with these guys. Soder Aviation is now big joke in Finland, so now it looks like these guys went to Estonia to get fresh start... Rumour is that they are looking for start they operations at Novemeber, flying from Helsinki to somewhere in Spain. For that purpose B737-200 sounds really great choice :D

Hi there,

Well, I think it's possible to apply for AirBaltic , give him my email and I will send him contacts of particular person in Airbaltic. He can ask about possibility to be hired by AirBaltic

regards...
:)

Patriot сказал(а):
I flew with a Captain who is Latvian and soon will be retiring (age 60) from our airline. He was wondering if there will be a opportunity for him to fly as an airline pilot in Latvia once he retires and possibly moves there and he doesn't know where to find any information on that.

Do you know if there is a chance for an American pilot to get hired in Latvia? Is Air Baltic the prime company there?

Thanks

Zege, thanks for the link.
Interesting that they say: "JP Air also operates two Flyjp.eu McDonnell Douglas MD-83 aircraft based in Estonia" because according to Register of Estonian Civil Aircraft there are no MDs in estonian register. And also there wasn't any information that MDs are going to based at TLL.

It's getting more and more interesting: on the website they say about MDs but in this article only about Boeing. I'm wondering - are they all from the same company or there are two different companies with the same name? :rolleyes: 8-)

Here is the article:

Estonia to get its first passenger charter airline

Finnish-founded JP Air will become the first Estonian passenger charter airline, as soon as the civil aviation authorities end their dragging processing of its registration application.
Submitted in June 2006, the application should be approved within the next couple of months after an audit of the company's Boeing 737 aircraft for 132 passengers that is waiting for inspection.
"Unfortunately we have to keep paying the leasing on the aircraft but we expected the process to take long because it is never easy to register a new airline," says George Philippatos, the quality manager of JP Air, to news2biz ESTONIA. "The Estonian civil aviation authorities have just too few people to deal with all the paperwork."
The business plan for the airline has been set - it will serve the holiday charter market, as well as Nordic military operations that despatch peacekeepers to various destinations. The plane has an optimum range of 3-4 hours.
The founders of JP Air already run a company called LogiMix that is one of the biggest broker companies for Finnish and Swedish military flights.
"We currently use around 15-20 different operators from Lithuania, Turkey, Greece and so on to serve the flights but we want to use JP Air in the future for many of those Nordic military tenders," says Mr Philippatos. "As to the holiday charter market, it is growing so fast in Estonia, that we feel we are taking part in the growth, not stealing the current business from anyone. The demand is growing so fast that the suppliers cannot offer enough planes. The market is growing much faster than in Sweden or Finland."
The Estonian market is also much more familiar and easier for the Finnish company than the other Baltic countries while setting up the airline in Finland would mean pesky trade unions that make the life harder.
"The Estonian community wants to get more business and is friendly towards new ventures. The Finnish system is not like that." George Philippatos on reasons of picking Estonia as the home of JP Air.
JP Air hopes to fly around 300 hours a month during the summer when it can serve the Mediterranean markets suitable for its range. In the winter season 150 hours a month would be a good result. JP Air is currently looking for about 4 crews to man the Boeing. There is a serious shortage of pilots and cabin crew in Estonia and therefore many have been hired from Greece, Croatia and other locations.
It will be the first charter airline in Estonia. Latvia has Latcharter to fill the niche while Lithuania has a company called Aurela.
JP Air is majority owned by the Finnish aviation professional Jarkko Juhani Peltonen.

/news2biz ESTONIA - no 226 - 14 February 2007/

Phantom, nobody don't really understand what they are doing. But this is same company.

All the news were about B737 until last month they announced that in matter of fact they now have two MD-83's. Those are at USA waiting major overhoul before flying to Estonia. Or this is what they have told. Reason for change (B737 -> MD-83) was much better leasing deal that they could get for B737.

I also saw somewhere (don't remember were it was) that those MD-83's will be based on Heraklion.

So who knows where those planes will be and is there any planes. Reason why they are not seen in Estonian CA register could be, that those will be in registered under Irish register or some other country.

and story continues... those two MD-83's which are said to be JP Air's aircrafts are ex-Air Liberte F-GJHQ cn 49668/1467 and ex-AeroMéxico XA-SWW cn 49848/1592.

However, to make this again not-so-clear those planes are reported to being leased to EuroAir (Greece). :confused1:

According MD-80 Forum ( http://www.md80.net/yabbse/index.php ) a representantive of EuroAir says the connection will be clarified later this month.

I hardly can wait...:D

Назад