RA-85621 Катастрофа 29.08.96

Реклама
С советской регистрацией

Последнее редактирование:
Люди, очень нужна ЛЮБАЯ инфа (которой тут нет) по катастрофе!!!
Поделитесь кто чем может!

Экипаж

Николаев Евгений Александрович 01-11-52 - КВС
Сударев Борис Фёдорович - Второй Пилот
Акимов Игорь П. 46 г.р. - Штурман
Карапетров Анатолий Матвеевич 58 г.р. - Бортинженер
Тихонов Юрий Сергеевич 29-12-64
Ланцова Екатерина Анатольевна 04-10-69
Кожевникова Ольга И. 65 (75?) г.р.
Кустарева Наталия Юрьевна 31-10-62
Короткин Михаил М. 12-01-55
Алексеев Геннадий Алексеевич 41 г.р.
Душкин Александр Михайлович 72 г.р.

Реклама
Hello forum.
My name is Eirik Berger, I am Norwegian and have lived in Longyearbyen for many years. Right now I stay in Tromsø but will move back to Longyearbyen in march. I have gathered information about this disaster for several years, and the story have so many interesting aspects that I will make a book. The disaster itself of course, but also the Russian-Norwegian disputes and cooperation. An "unknown" story is all the volunteers from Longyearbyen who worked in the mountain, not prepared for what met them.
My material is documents, reports, logs, Norwegian media and interviews with Norwigian volunteers and official. I have no Russian (or Ukranian) sources at all. Well I have this thread and the airdisaster.ru website. Since I do not read or speak Russian it is not very easy to find Russian sources. My manuscript would be unbalanced with Norwegian sources only.
So if any of you know about newpaper articles, or other sources of material about this accident, I would be happy if you let me know. My e-mail adress is post (a) f45 (dot) no
There is not much information available about Vnukovo Airlines, what company was it? Did it only perform charter flights or did it also have ordinary routes? Information about Vnukovo would be valuable to me.
I have tried to contact Trust Arktikugol (coal company) in Barentsburg, but they have not answered my letters. It was their workers/families that were on board the flight. I have also contacted the Russian embassy in Oslo and The Norwegian embassy in Moscow to find Russian sources - without luck.
There is an image from Svalbardposten September 13 1996 of a man working at the crash site, his name is Pavel Serikov. He lost three members of his family in the crash. I know it is a long shot, but this is a man I would like to get in contact with...
Some of the images of the plane (in intact form) posted in this thread is known to me and I have got a few of them as high resolution images from the photographers.
Note:
This image is probably not from the accident
http://aviaforum.ru/threads/26992
As far as I can tell from the image it is located close to the aurora station and is most likely a Junker JU-88 that were destroyed during WWII near the German base Bansö. The parts from the VKO2801 were transported down from the mountain but were stored closer to town, not were this image indicates.
The image below from the crashsite with the bags lined up in front, I have infact not seen before. Does anyone know who took this picture?
Best regards
Eirik Berger
Postboks 4414, Eidkjosen
NO-9282 Tromsoe

Eirik, it's good to see that there are foreign people, that are intersted in this aircrash and gathering information. I hope you plan to publish a book in english, so it can be translated into russian then and made available to read here also.

Unfortunately, i can not provide any detailes of this crash and not much can be found in internet, but i've got some info about Vnukovo airlines.

VAL were formed back in yearly 90's based on Aeroflot Vnukovo airport division, which seperated from the mothercompany. They operated Il-86, Tu204, TU154 aircraft types, had quite good root network, but operated mostly charter flights to famous resorts. Company grew quickly and wanted to take control over Siberian Airlines to form even bigger company. But financial crisis in 1998 killed all their plans and the company was in big depts infront of passengers, imploees and goverment. Worker's trade union leader was murdered in 1999, when he almost reached arbitration tribunal with facts against company managment. Many people were stuck in airport unable to travel and return money due to company failure, and as a result was bankrupt in 2001, giving all it's fleet to Siberian airlines.

VAL had several accidents from hard landing to aircraft hijaction by terrorists, but disaster in Longyear was the most serious one. It was quite hard times in Russia, so that why it's impossible to find any information.

Hope this helps, if you need more information about VAL, don't hesitate to ask. Could you place some pictures that you have with comments or description, appreciated.

Regards, Dmitry

Dmitry. Thanks for valuable info.

The manuscript will be translated directly into Russian, the Governor of Svalbard have a dedicated person that knows both Norwegian and Russian, used when they are in contact with the Russian Consulate in Barentsburg or Trust Arktikugol. I am 100% sure that they will translate it for me. And maybe even finance a Russian printed version.

This accident made a deep mark in both Russian and Norweigan settlements on Svalbard, and in fact made the them closer attached.

I will post images and info.

Eirik

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

AIBN (Accident Investigation Board Norway) came to the conclusion that it was mainly crew errors that caused the accident. But there are aspects that may have caused stress to the crew specially the navigator.

Longyear is a small and remote airport without radar. And the approach to runway 28 is an offset Localizer approach, which means that the approach does not follow the runway centerline. The AIBN also concludes wthat the crew probably were not aware of Longyears status as an AFIS airport. An AFIS-officer is not authorized to give orders and instructions, just information. VKO2801 planned an approach from west to runway 10, but got the reply "Runway in use 28". The AIBN drew the conclusion that the crew did not know of its status and (with some confusion) took this information as an instruction, and abandoned the approach and started a new on from the east. AIBN also concludes that the crew has a limited understanding of English, which made communications with the AFIS officer difficult.

So two questions:
• Is AFIS airports not used/not common in Russia?
• Does crews communicate in Russian or English when they are in contact with airports on domestic flights?

It is interesting that the crash site is exactly on the extended centerline for runway 28, and I know that Norwegian aircrews on Svalbard still wonder if they made what they call a "back-beam approach". But I have not interviewed them enough about this theory. But I will.

Eirik

Eirik,

I'm not sure, but haven't heard of AFIS airports in Russia, where commercial or charter fligth can be performed. Maybe other forum members would correct me, but i think we have air traffic control only.

As for the communication, it's still a big issue for Russia and for instanse, some major airlines made an internal order for pilots to use only english language even on domestic flight, so they always have practice, also now there is a new ICAO curcular that since March 5th 2011 no crew member without level 4 ICAO would be allowed to flight abroad, so now all pilots desperately "learning" english, but overall level is still quite poor.
I'm sure that back in 1996 there was no international requirements in Russia and only navigator could have something between level 2 and 3, but this knowledge was not enough for international flight to AFIS airports, were you do not have to following radiotelephony communication rules.

AFIS concept is not used in Russia at all so pilots and navigators are not very familiar with the difference and concept.

Back-beam or backcourse approach is also very rare used (not only in Russia but around the world), usually circle-to-land is used instead, if possible

Я так понял, что столкнулись с горой Operafjellet примерно в этом районе, на восточном склоне (обвел жёлтым). Где-нибудь можно узнать более точные координаты?

Реклама
Назад